Britney Spears

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Enzo wrote:I used to watch AMerican Bandstand - with host Dick Clark - when I was a kid. Mostly they played records and danced, but often there was a live guest in the studio. The guest would lip sync to the record. SInce the performance sounded exactly like the record, and there were no backup singers or band in the studiio, it was not meant to be a mystery. Simply an appearance by the star. of course they lip sync.

One time, they had Jimmy Dean on to sing his latest hit - pretty sure it was Big Bad John. They chatted a moment and then Jimmy smiled and started snapping his fingers. Unfortunately the music that came out was something else, like a Sam Cooke record. JD all but fell over laughing, and Clark apologized profusely. They tried again and got it right, but I never forgot that.

In show biz you can make a case for both sides here. The people bought tickets to a show. Not everyone prefers out of breath panting during the song and dance numbers in the interest of purity.

By the way, DOlly PArton's hair... it is not real, it is a wig.

Once again it is a TV audience and they do not pay to attend. In theory the viewers at home do not pay to watch either.

People pay big bucks and wait in long lines to attend a live performance. If the artist is not performing live, he or she is ripping off the audience and in a situation with Rock in Rio she is not being fair to the other performers who spent weeks and months preparing for the show.

In addition Rock in Rio is a symbol of national pride for Brazilians and she is offending and cheating them as well.

The Rolling Stones played their largest show ever in Brazil. They danced and sang and performed for hours nonstop. They did not have to rely on any prerecorded soundtracks. If these old guys can do it, Spears could have as well.

She is a liar and a cheat and a con and a fake. She is a poor role model for young woman by using first her virginity as a sales tactic and then her promiscuity. She is a poor mother who has put her kids in danger and then later abandons them. If you like her because she is a singer, there are many much better singers. If you like her bacause she is a dancere, there are many and much better dancers. If you like her because you think she is beautiful, I question what you define as beauty. If you like her because she makes out with women, there are women who do that better as well.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:11 pm

Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:19 pm

Bill, how much did you pay for your Britney ticket? You didn't mention before that this was what was bothering you; now that you have, I can see your point of view a lot better. If you paid your hard-earned money for a ticket, expecting to see a live Britney Spears performance, and got lip-synch instead, I can certainly see why you're upset.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:33 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Bill, how much did you pay for your Britney ticket? You didn't mention before that this was what was bothering you; now that you have, I can see your point of view a lot better. If you paid your hard-earned money for a ticket, expecting to see a live Britney Spears performance, and got lip-synch instead, I can certainly see why you're upset.

Did you read the post at the top of the page?

Someone who appreciates art is equally unappreciative of people who fake it. People who are proud of being able to draw anything free-hand are upset when someone else uses tracing paper or some other trick to fake it. Recording artists are held in the same regard. If she has some special ability to account for her fame she should present it in a proper venue. No venue is more noteworthy as Rock in Rio.

Like I said, if the artist is not performing live, he or she is ripping off the audience and in a situation with Rock in Rio she is not being fair to the other performers who spent weeks and months preparing for the show.

In addition Rock in Rio is a symbol of national pride for Brazilians and she is offending and cheating them as well.

The Rolling Stones played their largest show ever in Brazil. They danced and sang and performed for hours nonstop. They did not have to rely on any prerecorded soundtracks. If these old guys can do it, Spears could have as well.

There is a good right up in Newsweek about her. She is really the product of one guy who has produced her career since she was a child. It is his product we have been seeing these past years. But if we are to judge her as a person rather than on the merrit of her fake performances, she is a poor role model for young woman by using first her virginity as a sales tactic and then her promiscuity. She is a poor mother who has put her kids in danger and then later abandons them. If you like her because she is a singer, there are many much better singers. If you like her bacause she is a dancer, there are many and much better dancers. If you like her because you think she is beautiful, I question what you define as beauty. If you like her because she makes out with women, there are women who do that better as well.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:01 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Did you read the post at the top of the page?

Yes, and I'm in complete agreement. You paid for a live Britney Spears performance, and you got lip-synch instead. I can see why you are upset about this.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:25 pm

She has made the list of the 10 worst female humans and images who have ever lived (there are historical women on this list that I think might be passed). Being ripped off for a fake performance is the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:16 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Image

She has made the list of the 10 worst female humans and images who have ever lived (there are historical women on this list that I think might be passed). Being ripped off for a fake performance is the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Hey, she's right after your other gal Ann Coulter. You sure know how to pick 'em, Bill!
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:42 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:Image

Hey, she's right after your other gal Ann Coulter. You sure know how to pick 'em, Bill!

Uh, Thanks?

I think I see what you mean. Yes, Ann is there because she is mean. Everyone needs to be mean sometimes, I guess it is a personal point for the writer of the article. She is being too political with that one.
Last edited by Bill_Thompson on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:47 pm

I really like the list of women to inspire. Thanks for sharing that.
"Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logics. Doesn't make sense." -River
SciFi Chick
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:46 am

SciFi Chick wrote:I really like the list of women to inspire. Thanks for sharing that.

You are welcome. For those who had a hard time finding the two different links here they are:

10 Amazing Women You’ve Never Heard Of:
http://lifestyle.msn.com/mindbodyandsoul/womenintheworld/staticslideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=3326194&GT1=9209

10 Women Who Make Us Cringe:
http://lifestyle.msn.com/mindbodyandsoul/womenintheworld/staticslideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=3367340&GT1=9209
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:31 pm

Good to know that the women who inspire are a multi-national, multi-cultural lot but with the exception of one Digger all the women who make you cringe are from the US, and all are white.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Lance » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:28 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Yes, Ann is there because she is mean.

Yeah, that and that whole "head-up-her-ass-clueless-moron" thing she has going on. She makes me feel dirty being a Republican.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:Good to know that the women who inspire are a multi-national, multi-cultural lot but with the exception of one Digger all the women who make you cringe are from the US, and all are white.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I like it too. I like black people and I think they have been given the shaft in the United States.

The richest woman in the world is black. Oprah is worth 1.5 billion. And Condi is probably the most powerful woman in the world too.

This is good to know.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:44 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Uh, Thanks?

I think I see what you mean. Yes, Ann is there because she is mean. Everyone needs to be mean sometimes, I guess it is a personal point for the writer of the article. She is being too political with that one.

I shouldn't respond and end up bumping this thread, especially since this is old news, but now that I'm back, I just have to comment on this.

In what way does Ann Coulter "need" to be "mean"? What exactly is she accomplishing?
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Lonewulf wrote:What exactly is she accomplishing?

No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:47 am

Lance wrote:

Oh, I agree, that's what I think too.

But I'm curious what BT has to say. I know that he likes to be an apologist for Ann Coulter because of "conservative/Republican loyalty" or somesuch like that, but I want to follow his logic here...
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:17 am

Lance wrote:

So is she a pro, or a True Believer?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:06 am

I think Ann is totally overt. Everything out of her mouth or pen is contrived.

AS to BTs logic, the only logic behind the position is that he thinks it will stir something up here. Not unlike Ann.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:58 am

Enzo wrote:I think Ann is totally overt. Everything out of her mouth or pen is contrived.

AS to BTs logic, the only logic behind the position is that he thinks it will stir something up here. Not unlike Ann.

Looking at it that way, I am usually correct.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:34 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Enzo wrote:I think Ann is totally overt. Everything out of her mouth or pen is contrived.

Looking at it that way, I am usually correct.

...Okay, Bill's earned this one:

Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:43 pm

It would be funnier if it read "Douche".
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:48 pm

Dragon Star wrote:It would be funnier if it read "Douche".

Not really.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:28 am

Didn't Britney Spears try to sell her kids on ebay or something like that?

There was also the rumor that she drank puppy blood in a satanic ritual to stay younger looking.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:01 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Didn't Britney Spears try to sell her kids on ebay or something like that?

Uh, probably not.

There was also the rumor that she drank puppy blood in a satanic ritual to stay younger looking.

If this was a joke, it was funny. If it was not, I suggest you learn skepticism. ;)
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:26 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:Didn't Britney Spears try to sell her kids on ebay or something like that?

These are minor offenses to what would be considered a crime to the Brazilian People. As I showed in the YouTube link earlier she lip synced at Rock In Rio. This is worse than selling your kids on Ebay or drinking puppy blood.

If you people cannot see this, I think it only means you have been conditioned by the media machine that runs her image and you will... [defend her]
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

PreviousNext

Return to Infuriati (The Enraged Ones)