My Second UFO Encounter

Have you seen a UFO?

My Second UFO Encounter

Postby Lance » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:03 am

Date: 1975, Summer.
Time: After sunset but there was still a slight glow in the sky. We were at the beach looking out over the Gulf of Mexico. The glow of the sun after it set could last for hours.
Weather: Partly cloudy
I was 18

A friend and I had come to the beach to enjoy a couple of beers after work. We sat on the hood of my car and chatted about the day while looking out over the water.

What appeared to be a small, single engine plane caught our eye as it flew in our general direction from out over the Gulf of Mexico. It had the typical red and green lights and a couple of dimmer white ones. The speed is what you'd expect of a small Cessna type craft.

This turned into something unusual when the direction of travel went from horizontal to vertical. It appeared to pitch downward in an arc as if it had just turned a corner, but down. It continued at the same speed it had been flying until it reached the surface of the water, at which point it stopped. I can't say if it was hovering or if it had actually landed on the water but the trajectory never veered from vertical.

At this point, it seemd like the lights became brighter and seemed to pulse or throb. The object stayed an the water's surface for probably 30-60 seconds. It departed much faster than it arrived. The object basically left the water's surface at maybe 15°-20° from straight up and continued travel in that direction until we could no longer see it. The duration of the departure flight was a mere 3-5 seconds until it was completely gone.

What did I witness that night?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Halcyon Dayz, FCD » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:12 am

How many of those beers did you drink? :wink:
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.
Halcyon Dayz, FCD
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Snarling Rabid Green-Communist Big-Government Tree-Hugger Euroweasel

Postby Lance » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:31 pm

I was half way through the first one.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby I Am He » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:40 am

You could of witnessed a ship or a plane or even a balloon. Over water you can not judge distance and direction or objects as well as you can on land. You have to bring into account the curvature of the earth. That alone will play tricks on your eyes. It would also make it very difficult to judge any distance and speed. Water is notorious for playing tricks on your eyes and with light also. The light refraction alone could make thing seem what they are not. Weather has to be taken into account, such as the humidity or lack of. There are a number of factors that could be brought into play also. Could you please explain what you mean by UFO? Do you mean Unidentified Flying Object or are you talking about an Alien Space Craft??
ho·me·o·path
n.
An effect produced by the successive dilution of intelligence to non-existent levels; can cause an unqualified high school drop out to consider themselves better qualified than actual doctors. See also: whack job
I Am He
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lance » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:54 pm

I Am He wrote:Could you please explain what you mean by UFO? Do you mean Unidentified Flying Object or are you talking about an Alien Space Craft??

Well...

It was an object, it flew and I have no idea what it was.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby azazul » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:09 pm

You witnessed the anal probing of the Gulf of Mexico.
azazul
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:52 am

William Thompson says:
ok, I think I know
William Thompson says:
after it went down it did not hover although it appeard to. Instead, it was flying directly towards you so the constant light appeared as if it was hovering. THe throbbing was an effect of the light reflecting off the water
Lance says:
Interesting. That may be a possibility.
William Thompson says:
it was an awesome sight and so your excitement may have had an effect on your memory and even view of the event. SO that when it came time for it to climb and fly away you were convinced it was something special.
Lance says:
What about the lightining quick ascent that went out of visibility in just a few seconds?
William Thompson says:
it was an awesome sight and so your excitement may have had an effect on your memory and even view of the event. SO that when it came time for it to climb and fly away you were convinced it was something special.

Lance says:
Two witnesses...
William Thompson says:
have them post
Lance says:
I was one of them'
Lance says:
The other guy I haven't been in touch with in 30years.
William Thompson says:
Try not to ask any leading questions like, "didn't it fly away unnaturally fast?"
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:00 am

"At this point, it seemd like the lights became brighter and seemed to pulse or throb. The object stayed an the water's surface for probably 30-60 seconds. It departed much faster than it arrived. The object basically left the water's surface at maybe 15°-20° from straight up and continued travel in that direction until we could no longer see it. The duration of the departure flight was a mere 3-5 seconds until it was completely gone. "

Harrier Jump Jet?
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to UFOs, Aliens and Extraterrestrial Intelligence