Fish on a Terecotta Pot

Art and literature created or authored by our members.

Postby St. Jimmy » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:24 am

I have alot of great ideas for drawing, but I am a terrible artist. Maybe I could just draw the pictures I have in my head and give them to moosedoom or hippie and have them draw it ten times better than I ever could. Hmmm...I think I might have just had a good idea! :shock:
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:10 am

St. Jimmy wrote:I have alot of great ideas for drawing, but I am a terrible artist. Maybe I could just draw the pictures I have in my head and give them to moosedoom or hippie and have them draw it ten times better than I ever could. Hmmm...I think I might have just had a good idea! :shock:

That's my plan, actually. I have a lot of good ideas, and while I could potentially draw them, drawing isn't my thing. It takes time and patience that I just do not simply have... and an attention span, to boot.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:49 am

Later on I will post a Oil on Canvas painting I did when I was 10, I think it's rather good for the age, probably better then I could do now. :lol:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:27 pm

Lonewulf wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote:I have alot of great ideas for drawing, but I am a terrible artist. Maybe I could just draw the pictures I have in my head and give them to moosedoom or hippie and have them draw it ten times better than I ever could. Hmmm...I think I might have just had a good idea! :shock:

That's my plan, actually. I have a lot of good ideas, and while I could potentially draw them, drawing isn't my thing. It takes time and patience that I just do not simply have... and an attention span, to boot.

I used to be a great artist, but after my grandma stopped painting and drawing with me, I kind of stopped painting and drawing too. I shouldn't have though, I'll post a pic of a painting that I painted at age 7. It's really good. I'm not exagerating or being self-centered, it's really that good. But I stopped painting and drawing when I was 10. I tried to start drawing again last year, but everything I drew sucked compared to what I used to be able to draw. :( Oh well.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:06 am

Dude...that's so weird you have no idea, basically the same thing with me, my grandmother is (was) a professional level artist, and she helped to teach me about oil painting and drawing, and how to do tree's and stuff with a brush...but she had a strike and lost vision in her left eye as a result, and she is slowing down with art, she is still really good, but it is more difficult for her to do now. When I get around to it I will scan my painting and post it, but the scanner is on my mom's computer which makes it a pain in the ass to do.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:22 am

Why don't you just take a picture of it with a digital camera and upload it? Before I post the painting I did I have to go downstairs, get the painting, uncover it, dust it if needed, get the digital camera, take a pic, and upload it. I don't have the will power to do that tonight, so you won't see the painting until next week, when I get back from scout camp.

Hmmm, my grandma just has too many grandchildren that visit and that she babysits nowadays to have any time to do art work.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:30 am

Gee, isn't that nice how we all have arty grandmas? My grandma always painted watercolors with me. I freaking rock. BTW, Jimmay, I can help you to not suck, if you want me to help you out. What would I miss? And episode of Judge Judy?

Damn, my summers are so lame, and I have no drive to do anything except go to the library. To volunteer, not even to read! Someone needs to physically put a book in my hands for me to read one, because I just can't pick one out for myself...

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:38 am

hippie, before I leave tomorrow(I leave at 11:30 am), I will bring a couple of books to your house for you to read.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:59 am

hippietrekx wrote:Gee, isn't that nice how we all have arty grandmas? My grandma always painted watercolors with me. I freaking rock. BTW, Jimmay, I can help you to not suck, if you want me to help you out. What would I miss? And episode of Judge Judy?

Damn, my summers are so lame, and I have no drive to do anything except go to the library. To volunteer, not even to read! Someone needs to physically put a book in my hands for me to read one, because I just can't pick one out for myself...

--hippie

I honestly hate reading, but here are a few of my favorites:

Where the Red Fern Grows
The Hatchet
Fahrenheit 411(not sure I got the number right, but I am 98% sure you have read it anyways.

Have you read all of those? Probably have, but thought I would recommend them anyways.

Why don't you just take a picture of it with a digital camera and upload it?

Hey, if you want to send me a digital camera, that's fine, but seeing as I don't have one I am SOL in that department. I could take it with my camera phone, but it would make it look like shit.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:12 am

St. Jimmy wrote:hippie, before I leave tomorrow(I leave at 11:30 am), I will bring a couple of books to your house for you to read.

Bleh, NO! I don't want to read, because I won't be able to put the books down, and Tuesday-Friday, I'm hainging out with Emily and Katie, and I don't want to shove my nose in a book then!

You can let me read books when you borrow videogames from me again, deal?
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:16 am

Dragon Star wrote:Where the Red Fern Grows
The Hatchet
Fahrenheit 411(not sure I got the number right, but I am 98% sure you have read it anyways.

Have you read all of those? Probably have, but thought I would recommend them anyways.

Yes, yes, and yes, I've read them. I've read all of The Hatchet/Brian the forest kid sequels, too. I had to borrow the last one from Lloyd, though, because the library at the school didn't have it. I think the second one was my favorite of the series.

I liked all the books though.

And, it's Fahrenheit 451, BTW. Michale Moore (SP?) screwed you up by filming Fahrenheit 911.

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:31 am

PFT...Michale Moore screws up everything period. :lol:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:47 pm

I know some books she hasn't read. She hasn't read the Harry Potter series!!! Not a single harry potter book. :shock: :shock: :shock:
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:43 pm

OMG Dom WTF? Why? I didn't list it because I thought you would have already read them! Please do, they are very well written.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:11 pm

My friend Emily drove me crazy during the Great Harry Potter Craze of 2000. Every single sentence made mention of Harry Potter. "There was this cute boy at the mall. I bet he's not as cute as Harry Potter. Guess what? I saw glasses that looked like Harry Potter's. Harry Potter is SOOOOO hot!"

My response "SHUT UP BEFORE YOU MAKE MY BRAIN MELT! Harry Potter is a book. BOOOOOOK! One which I shall not read because I hate Harry Potter because of you!"

Emily "But... he's dreamy..." ](*,)

--hippie, already having a great affection for Harry's enemies
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:25 pm

So what? It's still an excellent book that you should read regardless of Emily getting all wet over it. :lol:

If I scream that ice-cream and cookie doe are the most awesome thing ever a few times in a row, would you stop eating it?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:00 pm

You don't understand, it drove me nuts! And I KNEW that if I read the books she would ask me, "Didn't I tell you he was hot!? Isn't he!?"

See, now, she's out of the Harry Potterness, and a book behind, IIRC. Now she's watching NASCAR for Dale Earnhardt Jr, so I don't bring up the subject of racing around her... This leaves the Harry Potter books open for me to read without interrogation. The only problem is, I've developed my "book apathy" since she's exited the fandom, and no one has shoved the books into my hands.

Until now, I guess.

--hipster
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:09 am

Gah, Just read the book damn you! :lol:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:14 am

hippietrekx wrote:My friend Emily drove me crazy during the Great Harry Potter Craze of 2000.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who got burned out by all the hype. Although in my case, it wasn't an actual person so much as television. "They're working round the clock to make sure that everyone gets their copy!!!!!11111111ZOMGLOLz0rz" or some such hype. :roll:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:28 am

umop ap!sdn wrote:
hippietrekx wrote:My friend Emily drove me crazy during the Great Harry Potter Craze of 2000.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who got burned out by all the hype. Although in my case, it wasn't an actual person so much as television. "They're working round the clock to make sure that everyone gets their copy!!!!!11111111ZOMGLOLz0rz" or some such hype. :roll:

What I think is hilarious is that Emily and I were TEN at the time. How in the hell did she know what "hot" was? :roll: I'm so glad I'm not boy-crazy... A crazy tomboy, maybe. But not boy-crazy...

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:42 am

hippietrekx wrote:
umop ap!sdn wrote:

What I think is hilarious is that Emily and I were TEN at the time. How in the hell did she know what "hot" was? :roll: I'm so glad I'm not boy-crazy... A crazy tomboy, maybe. But not boy-crazy...

--hippie

But your Bryan crazy.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:34 am

Dragon Star wrote:
hippietrekx wrote:What I think is hilarious is that Emily and I were TEN at the time. How in the hell did she know what "hot" was? :roll: I'm so glad I'm not boy-crazy... A crazy tomboy, maybe. But not boy-crazy...

--hippie

But your Bryan crazy.

According to Emily and Katie, I'm that along with Jimmy-crazy... :?

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:05 am

hippietrekx wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:
hippietrekx wrote:What I think is hilarious is that Emily and I were TEN at the time. How in the hell did she know what "hot" was? :roll: I'm so glad I'm not boy-crazy... A crazy tomboy, maybe. But not boy-crazy...

--hippie

But your Bryan crazy.

According to Emily and Katie, I'm that along with Jimmy-crazy... :?

--hippie

Frankly I don't care what Emily and Katie think, I care about what you think.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:31 am

Dragon Star wrote:
hippietrekx wrote:According to Emily and Katie, I'm that along with Jimmy-crazy... :?

--hippie

Frankly I don't care what Emily and Katie think, I care about what you think.

Pssst! *I think they're trying to annoy me!*

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:33 am

Or share the truth with you. :wink:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

PreviousNext

Return to Illiterati (Llama tell you a story...)