Nichola Sturgeon arrested

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Nichola Sturgeon arrested

Postby Arneb » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:12 pm

For suspected crimes re. financing her party. Wow, they aren't squeamish up there investigating former top politicians. Take the hint, Donald. Or ist his all a ploy by the evil Tory gubmint to quench the voice of fraydom in North Britain? Comnpetent commentary by our national experts much appreciated.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Re: Nichola Sturgeon arrested

Postby tubeswell » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:03 pm

Yes I saw this just now. Charlie must be relieved that the crack down is cracking along.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Lianachan » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:09 pm

She’ll be safe enough until the current chief of Police Scotland’s retirement, announced but I can’t remember the date, and after that it’ll depend on how corrupt his replacement is. She may end up prosecuted for the financial stuff, and certainly should be for the attempt to imprison Alex Salmond on trumped-up fictional charges.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby Richard A » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:42 am

Although several SNP figures have been arrested by now, all, at least so far, have been released without charge - including Nicola Sturgeon. We'll see what happens. But I also saw that Ash Regan has called for Sturgeon to step down as an MSP - and for Humza Yousaf to withdraw his support from her if she doesn't. We'll see what, if anything, comes of that.

My suspicion is that, in stark contrast to Trump's experience, this whole thing will end with nobody actually being charged with anything.
Richard A
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lianachan » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:13 am

She's made it very clear that she'll not be steping down or leaving the SNP, and Humza is standing behind her (his natural place!). She really should, though, as she drummed out any MSP that even vaguely brought the SNP into disrepute so some sort of consistency would seem appropriate.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Return to Current Events and Politics