Looking Back Now...

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Looking Back Now...

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:29 am

World Peace was missed. After 911 George Bush had the rare opportunity of uniting the world against one single cause: To crush that psychotic cult, Al Qaeda.

What he should have unleashed was spin doctors before the marines. We could be buddies with Iran and Iraq today if he had played his cards right.

Next time, let's not vote for an idiot for president.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:35 am

The last sentence of your post make sense.

The rest of it? You're a complete moron. Congratulations, here is a cookie.

Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:36 am

Dragon Star wrote:You're a complete moron.

Just a friendly reminder, according to the board rules, personal attacks are prohibited outside of the Infuriati forum.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Re: Looking Back Now...

Postby Heid the Ba » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:54 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:World Peace was missed. After 911 George Bush had the rare opportunity of uniting the world against one single cause: To crush that psychotic cult, Al Qaeda.

Al Qaeda is not a cult by any definition; it is a loose coalition of terrorists. It is also arguable if they are psychotic as an organisation, though individual members may be.

And presumably to crush their financial backers the Saudis.

What he should have unleashed was spin doctors before the marines.

That was what Bush did, and it really did not help; all spin doctors did was lie about a situation they patently did not understand.

We could be buddies with Iran and Iraq today if he had played his cards right.

No you couldn't. Iran and Iraq are mortal enemies and have been for some time now. Trying to be buddies with both would make you look duplicitous. And let's face it, most of the world you are trying to unite doesn't trust the US anyway.

Next time, let's not vote for an idiot for president.

I'll try and remember this.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:47 pm

umop ap!sdn wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:You're a complete moron.

Just a friendly reminder, according to the board rules, personal attacks are prohibited outside of the Infuriati forum.

Noted, my apologies. I thought it was in Infuriati.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:49 am

Iran and Iraq are mortal enemies and have been for some time now. Trying to be buddies with both would make you look duplicitous.

In contrast to our being buddies with the Israelis and with everyone else in the region.

Note to self: don't vote for moron...
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:53 am

Enzo wrote:
Iran and Iraq are mortal enemies and have been for some time now. Trying to be buddies with both would make you look duplicitous.

In contrast to our being buddies with the Israelis and with everyone else in the region.

Which makes the US look duplicitous in exactly the same way, and taints the Saudi, Jordanian et al governments in the eyes of some of their citizens.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:41 am

Which is what my tongue in cheek "contrast" was meant to say.

As our president makes efforts to extend his Pax Romana around the world. Methinks he lacks the swords to do it up all the way.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:47 am

Apologies Enzo, I'm losing my ability to tell who is serious and who isn't. I can't even blame it on the time of day since it is mid(ish)-morning here. :oops:
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:07 am

Oh, even when I am serious, I usually throw in a healthy dollop of bullshit anyway.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:15 am

Note to self, never believe a word Enzo says . .

As to a lack of swords to finish the job, a recent incident where the Household Cavalry lost two officers in an RPG attack reminded me of this from one of our 19th century excursions into Afghanistan.

Do you like Kipling?
I don't know, I've never kippled . . .
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Lance » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:19 pm

Enzo wrote:a healthy dollop of bullshit

Which is far more welcome around here than ketchup on hot dogs.

Heid the Ba' wrote:Note to self, never believe a word Enzo says . .

This is sage advise.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Enzo » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:12 am

Ketchup on a hotdog is bullshit exemplified.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:54 pm

Dragon Star wrote:The last sentence of your post make sense.

Dragon Star hurt feelings. Now I want explaination. I wait for one. I know it must be a smart one. So I wait now. Explain why I am wrong. You say bad word to me. That is mean. Are you just mean or have something smart to say. Explain why me wrong because me can write with poor sluggish grammer just like you.

Dragon Star show illustration of American High Schools are falling behind the rest of the world. Dragon Star does not debate or offer constructive arguments. Dragon Star say mean things and that is all.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:59 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:World Peace was missed. After 911 George Bush had the rare opportunity of uniting the world against one single cause: To crush that psychotic cult, Al Qaeda.

Al Qaeda is not a cult by any definition;

I have seen several anti-cult websites which, after 911, showed clearly that 911 is precisely a cult. It uses many of the same conditioning techniques that cults use to make complete unquestioning devotion to their leaders. The training bases in Afghanistan were very much structured like cult compounds.

Also, do you remember the cult that tried to gas the passengers on the subways in Japan right before 911? THere are many simularities to 911 and that action.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:20 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:The last sentence of your post make sense.

Dragon Star hurt feelings. Now I want explaination. I wait for one. I know it must be a smart one. So I wait now. Explain why I am wrong. You say bad word to me. That is mean. Are you just mean or have something smart to say. Explain why me wrong because me can write with poor sluggish grammer just like you.

Dragon Star show illustration of American High Schools are falling behind the rest of the world. Dragon Star does not debate or offer constructive arguments. Dragon Star say mean things and that is all.

No, Dwagon Staw just cawls teh bullshit when he ses it.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:50 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:I have seen several anti-cult websites which, after 911, showed clearly that 911 is precisely a cult. It uses many of the same conditioning techniques that cults use to make complete unquestioning devotion to their leaders.

Without links I'm having to guess here, but I'll go with: they break you down, they show how you belong with them, they build you up, they tell you how you are better than others, one of the chosen, they make you obey orders without question. I was in a cult like that once, it was called the British Army.

The training bases in Afghanistan were very much structured like cult compounds.

And even more like military bases.

Also, do you remember the cult that tried to gas the passengers on the subways in Japan right before 911? THere are many simularities to 911 and that action.

You mean the one right before in 1995? That was a cult, but that is also irrelevant.

Similarity of execution means nothing. Remember Pearl Harbour? That was a carrier based air attack just like some of the airstrikes in Iraq, there are many similarities between the two. Does that mean the US is a dictatorship lead by a God?
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:14 am

CLose.

The US is run by someone who thinks he speaks for God and has dreams of running a dictatorship.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:30 am

I realised after I posted that was either the straightline to a joke, or close to the truth. I must start using better analogies/examples.

I must also remember not to believe a word you say. :D
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:15 am

I don't listen to me, why should you?

A current concern bubbling around the second pages of the papers is the President's penchant to issue "signing statements" after signing legislation into law. What these are in essence are cover letters that say, "I am going to sign this into law, but I serve notice that I don't intend to abide by said law if it serves my purposes not to as president."

He has done this often enough that congress is starting to object. They sent him a resolution that he shouldn't do that, so he OKd the resolution, but... you guessed it... added a signing statement stating that while he was in sympathy with the resolution he reserved the right not to abide by it.

I am not completely joking when I say their little police state mentalities dream of dictatorship. Then they would no longer be fettered by such inconveniences as the constitution and our body of laws.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Current Events and Politics