Steve Irwin Widow Terri: 'I Weep Alone'

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Steve Irwin Widow Terri: 'I Weep Alone'

Postby Lance » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:42 pm

The National Ledger wrote:Steve Irwin Widow Terri: 'I Weep Alone' - But Many Weep with Her

By Leslie Warren
Sep 29, 2006

Steve Irwin's widow Terri Irwin noted in her one-hour interview on 20/20 with ABC host Barbara Walters that she weeps alone for her husband Steve.

Steve Irwin Widow Terri:
'I Weep Alone'

While many can empathize with the pain of Terri and she certainly is right that no one hurts as much as she does, but many that loved the Crocodile Hunter are weeping as well.

We weep with you Terri.

Many certainly wept on several occasions as Terri spoke frankly about the accidental death of her husband and the way her family is dealing with it o0n the ABC special. Over 13 million watched and I can't imagine there were many dry eyes.

The widow told Barbara that she is trying to live a normal life with her children. "They see me cry but there are times when I wait and I usually weep alone," Terri Irwin told Barbara Walters.

Terri said during the interview that two-year-old Bob was still having trouble coming to grips with his 44-year-old father's death.

But she said 8-year-old daughter Bindi "absolutely" understood what had happened and had come to terms with it. "I want my Daddy to come. I want my Daddy to come now," she said Bob cried soon after hearing of Irwin's death.

Not long after, she discovered the toddler tinkering with his father's motorbike with a screwdriver. When she questioned him about it, he replied: "I'm fixing the motorbike so daddy can drive it from heaven."

In an interview with Ray Martin, which aired on Channel 9 in Australia Terri recalled the exact moment she was told of the tragedy by Irwin's friend and business manager John Stainton.

"He said Steve's been in a diving accident . . . don't say it, don't say it, don't say it . . . and he said it. He said those three words. 'And he died'."

Steve Irwin died from a stingray barb to the heart on Sept. 4.

--Leslie Warren
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Return to Current Events and Politics