Do you think Rush Limbaugh went too far?

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Do you think Rush Limbaugh went too far in accusing Michael J. Fox of exaggerating the effects of Parkinson's disease?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes : 9

Do you think Rush Limbaugh went too far?

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:59 pm

Do you think Rush Limbaugh went too far in accusing Michael J. Fox of exaggerating the effects of Parkinson's disease?

To Rush Limbaugh Michael J. Fox looked like a faker. The actor, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, has done a series of political ads supporting candidates who favor stem cell research.

"He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

I saw the ad and as much as I hate Parkinsons and I like Michael J. Fox and his movies, I have to say Rush has a point. Do you?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:03 pm

Either way it's none of his business, so I voted yes.

Worry about the world, not MJF. :roll:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:06 pm

Well, Rush's job is to be an entertainer for the right and alert them about what he considers to be a biased and corrupt left where hollywood is exploited for political purposes. Fox decided to step into that world. So he is fair game, as Limbaugh sees it.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:13 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Well, Rush's job is to be an entertainer...

How is this entertaining? The man has a violent disease, leave him alone.

If he really did something to provoke this kind of reaction, fine. But Mr. Fox doesn't tour around the world going into convulsions all the time for publicity as far as I know.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:45 pm

Dragon Star wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:Well, Rush's job is to be an entertainer...

How is this entertaining? The man has a violent disease, leave him alone.

If he really did something to provoke this kind of reaction, fine. But Mr. Fox doesn't tour around the world going into convulsions all the time for publicity as far as I know.

He sure did.

And yes he does go on tour and admittedly go off his meds so that he shakes more to get attention for his political cause.

So, yes, he deserves it. Every ounce of it.

By the way, look at the hate and rage the left has while pretending not to and notice that they don't do their homework: http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/threa ... m=Page%3D1

Good thing you added "...as far as I know". Otherwise it wouldn't look good for you, would it?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:50 pm

and by the way, the camera used for Fox's political ad was a hand held and the cameraman shook too intentionally. The left biased media is playing the public like a stupid puppet. And it seems they are effective.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:10 pm

Oh, well hell, why was this thread even created as a poll then? :?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:14 am

When Fox doesn't take his meds before making the ads, it isn't faking, he is showing the world what the disease is like. The fact that he can control it - for now - with the help of medication does not negate the disease he has nor the difficulties it presents him. It is not a secret that Michael J Fox did not take his meds before making the ad. The shaking is real, not fake. The point of the ad is to connect with the viewer. Seeing the symptom is more likely to work than seeing someone standing there looking normal, since the latter doesn't show anything about the disease. The shaking is what someone would be reduced to if they for example could not afford the meds.

AS for Limbaugh, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That Limbaugh of all people should castigate someone else for fakery or for trying to manipulate the audience is simply ludicrous, and the height of hypocracy.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:18 am

Well, I haven't seen the add, so I was just going off of what Bill was saying, so until I see it, I think I better shut up.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:46 am

after some thought I might conclude that both sides are not without fault.

It is unethical to use your disease for political purposes.

I think that if the neocons tried to pull that, the left would be pounding them relentlessly.

It is unethical to use your disease for political purposes in such an extreme way as to say this one politician should be put in office.

It is not like Bon Jovi singing for Kerry. It is, look at me, you like me and my movies, I am suffering and please vote this one single candidate into office who can help me. It is going a bit far, don't you think?

Rush might have goofed when he mocked a beloved star. But, at the same time, the media has him under constant watch. It is amaizing they do not find more things to complain about.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:51 am

Dragon Star wrote:Well, I haven't seen the add, so I was just going off of what Bill was saying, so until I see it, I think I better shut up.
You mean, "ad".
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:51 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:Well, I haven't seen the add, so I was just going off of what Bill was saying, so until I see it, I think I better shut up.
You mean, "ad".

Yea, typo.

Thanks.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:08 am

Enzo wrote:AS for Limbaugh, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That Limbaugh of all people should castigate someone else for fakery or for trying to manipulate the audience is simply ludicrous, and the height of hypocracy.

Maybe he can advise MJF on what drugs to take.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:55 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
Enzo wrote:AS for Limbaugh, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That Limbaugh of all people should castigate someone else for fakery or for trying to manipulate the audience is simply ludicrous, and the height of hypocracy.

:lol: kudos. that was clever.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:02 am

:glp-1rof1:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:10 am

I think the Democratic party is resorting to our emotions in order to get into office. We love MJF. I have to admit, he is my favorite male movie star. Every movie he has been in I have seen. In the 80's me, my family and my friends loved Back to the Future.

Yet I just thought of something. He is wrong. The Republicans DO support stem cell research. That tidbit of information just blows right past us when he urges us to vote for his favorate guy for office.

It is a dirty trick.

And there seems to be a backlash now too.

Reminds me of global warming. Sure there is global warming. But the tidbit of information that humans are not creating it just blows right by us as Al Gore urges us not to vote Republican anymore (see http://junkscience.com/ which debumks the dems claims).

Liberals claim to be the good, clean, honest, helpful party but like the ying and the yang, the core of one side is like the appearance ouside of the other side.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:37 am

Remember though, if you dig enough you can find a reason not to like anyone.

Do you honestly think all of those stupid ass advertisements are telling the truth? It's almost all a big healthy dose of propaganda.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:53 am

Dragon Star wrote:It's almost all a big healthy dose of propaganda.

Well, personally, I'm not so sure about the "healthy" part :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:01 am

Dragon Star wrote:It's almost all a big healthy dose of propaganda.

Well, personally, I'm not so sure about the "healthy" part :P

I don't know about you, but it sure motivates me...

It's the "I want to kill the idiots that paid for this" kind of motivation, but hey, it's still motivation!

:lol:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 am

Dragon Star wrote:I don't know about you, but it sure motivates me...

It's the "I want to kill the idiots that paid for this" kind of motivation, but hey, it's still motivation!

:lol:

Well, I think I'm with you on that, in that I find political propaganda makes me less likely to vote for the candidate more often than it makes me more likely. . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:18 am

Dragon Star wrote:Remember though, if you dig enough you can find a reason not to like anyone.

Do you honestly think all of those stupid ass advertisements are telling the truth? It's almost all a big healthy dose of propaganda.

Sorry if this sounds insulting but I think that sounds like an excuse to keep from doing your own nose-to-the-grindstone research.

To blow it all of and say that all politicians are corrupt or to say all reporters lie and have their own agenda is a cop-out.

Some woman at work was trying to tell me that all leaders get blow jobs in their office. So Clinton was not so bad. I think that woman is delusional. I have known officers in the military that no why in hell they could have cheated on their wifes. No way.

I think everyone is liberal when they are young and a lot of people change. This is why it seems the liberals all look or are young and it seems conservatives tend to be mostly older people.

I was once a die-hard, Clinton supporter liberal.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:11 am

Have you read all the fucked up hate the left has:

http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/threa ... m=Page%3D1

Christ, this country is going to hell if Hillary gets elected president.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:51 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Sorry if this sounds insulting

Wow Bill, I'm impressed. When you put it like that, it's never insulting.:)

but I think that sounds like an excuse to keep from doing your own nose-to-the-grindstone research.

Well, it is. But to be honest I don't need an excuse to have an opinion that is 99.9% agreed with upon an educated public.

To blow it all of and say that all politicians are corrupt or to say all reporters lie and have their own agenda is a cop-out.

Please, name one President that was not corrupt. Please, name one person that works within the government that is not corrupt.

Instead of me proving that all are corrupt, how about you prove to me that the aren't? Fact is you can't. So until I am shown otherwise I have the right to be skeptical because I believe power=corruption.

Some woman at work was trying to tell me that all leaders get blow jobs in their office. So Clinton was not so bad. I think that woman is delusional. I have known officers in the military that no why in hell they could have cheated on their wifes. No way.

Well sure, she went too far in her assertion with specifics. That guy may have not been getting his lolly-popped at work, but I guarantee that he is corrupt in some way.

I think everyone is liberal when they are young and a lot of people change. This is why it seems the liberals all look or are young and it seems conservatives tend to be mostly older people.

I was once a die-hard, Clinton supporter liberal.

Sorry, but what in the world was the intentions of that? Are you suggesting that I am a liberal because of my age?

So you know, I share viewpoints from both side, and viewpoints of neither one. I like both sides because with only one in either direction we would be a crap country. A Conservative country would be far to harsh and violent, and a liberal country would be a bunch of ferries. But this is really a topic for another thread...

FTR, I don't like Clinton one bit.

Christ, this country is going to hell if Hillary gets elected president.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here disagree with this?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:48 am

Dragon Star wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone here disagree with this?

Well, our old friend Halcyon Dayz informs us that everyone in business is corrupt, and now we know that everyone in government is corrupt. Is just plain everyone corrupt, or are the unemployed the one group of honest people?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Superluminal » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:03 am

Corrupt is a rather broad term. A public official taking bribes is obviously corrupt. Someone taking a pen home from work is wrong, but does that make them corrupt? If it does then we are all corrupt.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Next

Return to Current Events and Politics