Hillary Clinton

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Hillary Clinton

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:11 pm

I have been going over the Clinton presidency and Hillary's involvement lately. The book, "The Truth About Hillary" is supposed to be a complete bashing of her, but after the first study I came away thinking that she is just imperfect and so what? I mean, we are all imperfect.

I actually came away liking Hillary. The book seems to make a deal about the fact that she has lots of friends from her college days who are lesbians. Well, so what? Who doesn't have close friends who are lesbians? I do.

But there is one thing that should keep her from getting the Democratic Nomination for president this time around. Hillary was once advised by her lawyers (yes, hers, not Bills) that Paula Jones should be contacted and the Clintons should just settle out of court in exchange for payment and a watered-down admission by Bill. If they took that route everything would have dissolved. All the scandal would go away.

But Hillary would not have anything to do with it. Hillary's view is that nothing is worse politically than telling the truth. Image and fabrication had worked so well so far that coming clean and getting on with life was unthinkable.

So it can be argued that Hillary was Bills worse enemy. Because of her Clinton was motivated to tell Monica to lie to Paula Jones lawyers about Clinton's behavior. Because of Hillary the Ken Star investigation picked up speed after White Water inquiries had sputtered. Because of Hillary the president was completely occupied with scandal rather than international affairs. And this crushed us all. And this is not forgivable. And she should not be The Democratic Nominee.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:14 am

I assume we will be seeing more of this juvenile garbage the entire time until the 2008 election.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:11 pm

Enzo wrote:I assume we will be seeing more of this juvenile garbage the entire time until the 2008 election.

You need to expand on that. Just brushing it aside is not good enough. If I am wrong, show me where I am wrong. That is why I post this juvenile garbage to begin with.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bandit » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:00 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Enzo wrote:I assume we will be seeing more of this juvenile garbage the entire time until the 2008 election.

You need to expand on that. Just brushing it aside is not good enough. If I am wrong, show me where I am wrong. That is why I post this juvenile garbage to begin with.
Really? You mean you won't cut and run like you usually do?

Two quick things:
Bill_Thompson wrote:...Hillary's view is that nothing is worse politically than telling the truth. Image and fabrication had worked so well so far that coming clean and getting on with life was unthinkable.
Did you do a Vulcan mind-meld on her to know this? You may think you know, but you don't have any more of an inside track on Hillary's thoughts than I do.
..So it can be argued that Hillary was Bills worse enemy. Because of her Clinton was motivated to tell Monica to lie to Paula Jones lawyers about Clinton's behavior. Because of Hillary the Ken Star investigation picked up speed after White Water inquiries had sputtered. Because of Hillary the president was completely occupied with scandal rather than international affairs. And this crushed us all. And this is not forgivable. And she should not be The Democratic Nominee.
"Crushed us all?" I must've missed it. In your haste to demonize Hillary you seem to suggest that her hubby is somehow not responsibile for his own actions.
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Enzo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:06 am

There is nothing to expand UPON, Bill. You seem to have committed yourself to posting an endless stream of insubstantial anti-Hillary ranting. Apparently it will continue until she runs or doesn't run in 2008. And when she is over you will find something else with which to try to garner attention.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Current Events and Politics