Don't ever change BBC.

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Don't ever change BBC.

Postby Heid the Ba » Thu May 20, 2021 12:50 pm

There is a new system centralising rail ticketing and scheduling being brought in in England. So how does the BBC illustrate this? With a picture of a bridge in Scotland. So my answer to the question in their headline, as a user of that bridge, is "Fuck off BBC".
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Re: Don't ever change BBC.

Postby Мастер » Thu May 20, 2021 1:24 pm

Heid the Ba wrote:There is a new system centralising rail ticketing and scheduling being brought in in England. So how does the BBC illustrate this? With a picture of a bridge in Scotland. So my answer to the question in their headline, as a user of that bridge, is "Fuck off BBC".

So the England and Scotland rail systems are separate?

I thought that was a US sort of thing.

Like if you are in Manhattan, and you want to take a taxi to Newark Airport. If you are in downtown Manhattan (where the World Trade Centre used to be, and where that America-is-the-land-of-the-free-not-like-your-shithole-country or whatever it is called replacement tower is now), Newark is the closest major airport, quite easily. So taking a taxi there is no problem, except the airport is in New Jersey, so a New York taxi driver is not allowed to bring a passenger back. So you have to negotiate, and more or less pay double.

They don't have to change the gauge when they cross the Antonine Wall, do they?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Thu May 20, 2021 1:33 pm

And for what it's worth, ChannelNewsAsia ran something about how things are at the airport now.

The main photo was of people walking around in a terminal that's been closed for months.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lianachan » Thu May 20, 2021 3:55 pm

Heid the Ba wrote:There is a new system centralising rail ticketing and scheduling being brought in in England. So how does the BBC illustrate this? With a picture of a bridge in Scotland. So my answer to the question in their headline, as a user of that bridge, is "Fuck off BBC".

Also, this England only scheme is apparently getting called “Great British Railways”.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Return to Current Events and Politics