Do we have any "Survivor" fans here?

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Do we have any "Survivor" fans here?

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:10 pm

It's a big night in TV land tonight. Well, it is if you're a reality junkie like I am. The grand daddy of them all is back for season 11.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby MM_Dandy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:24 pm

"Real World?"
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:58 pm

Never saw that one.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill EE » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:37 pm

Yep! My Wife and I use it as a lesson to our 11 year old how not to act in front of a TV camera. It works really well :D .
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby MM_Dandy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:40 pm

Lance wrote:Never saw that one.

Oh. Here's a link.

Superliminal is pretty much right, though, nothing really worth watching.

"Survivor," on the other hand, isn't worth watching, either. :P

I watch "The Amazing Race," "Cowboy U," and have just gotten hooked on "Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive." Oh, sorry, here's the official site. I love it because I just laugh my ass off everytime I see these people wearing clothes worth more than my car to ride horses and chase cattle every day. I also want to know what kind of cel phone plan these people have. They're out in the middle of nowhere, and they seem to get pretty good reception (from what I've seen).

[edited to fix really bad they're misspelling]
Last edited by MM_Dandy on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:16 pm

MM_Dandy wrote:Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive

:glp-lol:

I just may have to check that out...

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby hippietrekx » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:23 am

I like Survivor... Not because it's entertaining in the way it's meant either...

I think it's hilarious because these people don't start scheming from the beginning, but try to "make friends." And then they stab their "friends" in the back, cry about how bad it makes them feel to the cameras, and then tell them off when they write their name down for the vote. I like to watch behaviors in fully edited process... :lol:

Humans. :roll: Boy am I glad that my forigen exchang eis almost over and I can go back to Venus!... :shock: Uh-oh... uhh... um... you didn't just read that! *beings to squirt gen-U-ine venusian acid rain from a round-up sprayer* Darn! Earthlings! You have an immunity to my acid because your acid-rain is so much more terrible than that on Venus! *drops sprayer and runs*

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:38 pm

Looks like a good start to a good season.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill EE » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:07 pm

This is the first season openner in which I did not say "I could have done that better" - breaking trail through 11 miles of jungle is a bitch!
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:13 pm

My buddy, the one that just got back from Pakistan, watched Survivor here with us last night. He has been to where it was filmed and said the terrain there really is a bitch. It's located in the center of Guatemala not too far from Belize City in Belize and is all really think jungle.

He said experienced trekkers would be hard pressed to make 1 mile an hour through that area.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill EE » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:28 pm

You know, at first I was saying they must have missed the trail because no-one is so cruel as to send a Doorman straight through the jungle but :shock: . That one tribe is extremely lucky to have a nurse on their team - unfortunately they have Bobby Jon but it may balance out.

I have to believe there was a trail the cameramen used but the survivor either couldn't or didn't.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:37 pm

There may have been trails...

In tropical jungles though, unless a trail is used well and often it doesn't remain a trail very long. Everything grows over too quickly.

There were some roads used by archeolgical crews that they used for part of it. I expect part of the time they used well cut trails that they didn't show us, and the other part of the time they were blazing on their own through the thick of it so it looked good.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill EE » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:37 pm

I am sitting here at work trying to fix my MATLAB simulation and this keeps bothering me. If I read the map right, they need to get to an east-west running road north of their original position - they could have looked for the easiest path that went northward and not have been so damn religous about going "NORTH."

It could have been the editting.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:32 pm

Bill EE wrote:It could have been the editting.

Oh, maybe I misunderstood...

I thought they had actual instructions directing them to go straight North.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill EE » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:58 pm

The direction did tell them to go north but reading the map (having a DVR means you overanalyze things) showed me that they were going "north" to meet an east-west road that lead to the lake. I was thinking they took the word North too seriously.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:34 pm

Bill EE wrote:(having a DVR means you overanalyze things)

Oh, I do... I have a Sony DVR with the (now defunct) Microsoft UltimateTV Service. It is the best thing ever invented in the hisdtory of the world, bar none.

How ever could I have missed that, overanalyzing being one of my favorite hobbies as well.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Here There Be Llamas