Okay, this is as stupid as it gets. No, really.

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Okay, this is as stupid as it gets. No, really.

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:59 am

WESTLAKE, Ohio - A bar waitress checking to see if a woman was legally old enough to drink was handed her own stolen driver's license, which was reported missing weeks earlier, police said.

"The odds of this waitress recovering her own license defy calculation," police Capt. Guy Turner said Monday.

Maria Bergan, 23, of Lakewood, was charged Sunday night with identity theft and receiving stolen property. She was arrested at her home in suburban Cleveland and was jailed in Westlake to await a court appearance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14125521/

:=D:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:01 am

:lol: "That's not you, really, it's me! The name is smudged a little that makes it resemble yours, and my face was turned juuuust right in the light..."

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:12 am

Hmm, a 23 year old steals a 22 year old's license to prove she's 21. Yup, makes sense to me. Image
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby teri tait » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:29 am

That girl is just a Darwin Award waiting to happen.
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:25 am

I love that stuff.

The guy who holds up a bank and writes the stick up note on the back of his own deposit slip.

The guy who holds up a diner, apparantly not noticing the three cop cars parked outside and the half dozen cops inside having lunch.

Or a personal fave, the guy who demands all the money at the bank teller's window, and she tells him she isn't allowed to hand out money without checking ID, so the guy shows his ID to her.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:20 pm

Enzo wrote:Or a personal fave, the guy who demands all the money at the bank teller's window, and she tells him she isn't allowed to hand out money without checking ID, so the guy shows his ID to her.

Y'know, if he had a gun, I'd have to wonder at the intelligence of either character in that little story... testing a gunman's patience can be a bad idea.

Though it's a hilarious idea when it works.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:35 pm

Yep, nothing dumber than living in a country where you can't get a drink until you're 21. :D

What ho people. Lot of names I recognise, very few arsecandles.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:13 pm

Hello Heid, welcome to IRU! :D
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby pmcolt » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:25 pm

^^^^I like the old urban legend about the guy who robs a convenience store by putting a $20-bill on the counter and asking for change. When the clerk opens the register, the guy grabs all the cash in the register and runs off with a grand total of $10.

^^Welcome!
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:22 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:Yep, nothing dumber than living in a country where you can't get a drink until you're 21. :D

When they lowered the drinking age, number of accidents and deaths went up by quite a bit. I wouldn't call the drinking age law "stupid" if it's been proven to work... or been proven to need to work.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:14 am

I remember when they dropped the drinking age to 18, and this is a college town. Oh my God. believe me, there are few people less interesting than drunk 18 year olds. I like them fine sober, mind you.

It really didn't work very well., which is why it went back up.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Superluminal » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:00 am

Not a stupid criminal story, but funny anyway. A woman returns to her car after several hours of shopping at the mall. She finds 3 men sitting in her car, she yells at them to get out, they laugh at her. She pulls a gun, they take off running. She loads her shopping into the car, gets behind the wheel and tries to put the key in the ignition, only to discover, it ain't her car. :oops:
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:14 am

Superluminal wrote:Not a stupid criminal story, but funny anyway. A woman returns to her car after several hours of shopping at the mall. She finds 3 men sitting in her car, she yells at them to get out, they laugh at her. She pulls a gun, they take off running. She loads her shopping into the car, gets behind the wheel and tries to put the key in the ignition, only to discover, it ain't her car. :oops:

:=D: :mrgreen:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:45 am

Superluminal wrote:Not a stupid criminal story, but funny anyway. A woman returns to her car after several hours of shopping at the mall. She finds 3 men sitting in her car, she yells at them to get out, they laugh at her. She pulls a gun, they take off running. She loads her shopping into the car, gets behind the wheel and tries to put the key in the ignition, only to discover, it ain't her car. :oops:

I heard about that. I think it was an elderly woman who did it.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:47 am

Well if someone pointed a gun at me and said that my car is theirs, frankly I would, for the moment agree with them. :lol:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:14 am

I don't think "oops" would cover it.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:26 am

Yeah I agree... "oh motherf***ing b*lls" might be more appropriate. And it would sound funny coming from a little old lady. :lol:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:31 pm

Well, arguably, a person who wasn't a stupid criminal at the beginning of the story, but was by the end :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Return to Here There Be Llamas