With a song in my heart (I still got it)

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

With a song in my heart (I still got it)

Postby Enzo » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:24 am

Tuesday - Enzo night at the Mexican Buffet

My restaurant was closed one night a while back with big signs all over "remodeling." Well usually that is what the signs say when they simply run out of money and close a restaurant. I was disappointed. But over the next couple weeks, a construction dumpster showed up in their lot and activity was taking place. Good sign.

did I say good sign? indeed, soon thereafter a big new animated sign appeard by the street. The sort with the matrix of lights that spells out messages and graphics. "Re-opening SOON!!!"

And sure enough last week they reopened. Juve, the owner, greeted me to show me the improvements when I walked in. I commented that the new sign outside was a real attention grabber, and the new entryway was nice. Oh but look, Enzo, new carpet and new thermal windows. Oh yay!.

My sweetheart Jessica was still waiting tables. We passed some pleasantries as I ate.

She went to the jukebox and said, "this song is for you."

And the music played and a voice starts singing "Loco..." It was the old Patsy Cline and Willie Nelson hit "Crazy" sung in Spanish. yep, I guess I am loco.

On the other hand, she only charged me for the childrens' buffet - about half price.

SO call me crazy, but I think I still got it.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:12 am

Walking to the station this morning I got a big smile and a cheery "Hello" from a woman I don't recognise and who is pretty and half my age. No idea what just happened but it was definitely flirty. I never had it, but sometimes I get to borrow Enzo's. :D
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:30 am

Well eventually I will have to pass the torch...

Or maybe a kidney stone.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas