What goes around comes around...way around

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

What goes around comes around...way around

Postby Enzo » Fri May 08, 2020 7:46 pm

SO in this town, wring is the "Duck Lady" and is presently going nuts as there is hardly anywhere to hand out rubber ducks.

Our local Big Boy Restaurant, prime ducking land, has been closed, but just started being open for take out only. In interest of supporting them, wring ordered a burger and soup today. I deferred, nothing they make travels well, in my mind. Also, the Big Boy is putting together a local program to provide hot meals to some children. Lots of people scrambling these days. SO wring contributed a big bag of duckies so Big Boy could include them with kids' meals. We picked up her burger and brought it home.

I was thinking of putting a mask on the giant Big Boy statue out front, but I see they have already done that. Yay.

Meanwhile, in a story I know I have told, we used to frequent a nice Japanese restaurant, and ate a lot of sushi. And whenever we got a new waitress, we'd look at her seriously, and ask "Oh, and some ketchup for the sushi". SO ketchup for sushi is a running gag with us.

I like sushi, and it has become readily available. I go to the local Meijer store every day for my Detroit Free Press and a can of beer. Today also got chocolate milk, and... some sushi.

SO we got back home, wring unpacks her burger and I got out my sushi. A little dab of wasabi, a dash of soy sauce, yum. And from wrings burger container, she offers me... a little tub of ketchup. "Here, for your sushi."
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: What goes around comes around...way around

Postby Arneb » Fri May 08, 2020 7:58 pm

No good joke goes unpunished.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Lianachan » Fri May 08, 2020 9:22 pm

Is that the Meijer on Hull Road? And am I the only person who immediately goes to google maps to chart these travels? Love the look of your town. So American looking, to me at least, and so familiar and simultaneously so different from here.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri May 08, 2020 10:24 pm

No you’re not. I always browse.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby wring » Sat May 09, 2020 2:00 am

Lianachan wrote:Is that the Meijer on Hull Road? And am I the only person who immediately goes to google maps to chart these travels? Love the look of your town. So American looking, to me at least, and so familiar and simultaneously so different from here.

yep - it's about a half a mile away. Back when we lived at the farm, we consciously thought before heading home "Do I need anything from the store" 'cause if you got home and discovered "crap, I forgot to get eggs", it was a 10 mile round trip.

but now? a few weeks ago, I asked Enzo to pick up some steel cut oats from the store when he went, since I was making meat loaf (I mix that half and half with panko bread crumbs as part of the binder, it gives a really nice texture). He came back with rolled oats. He had no problem going right back to fix his error.

yes, Mason is a very cute little town. Lots of gingerbread houses, our building is of course, the old high school with the appropriate architecture. Quaint picturesque court house (featured in the movie Real Steel w/Hugh Jackman), and our favorite wooden soldier statues that get adorned with maroon and white striped scarves each winter.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby Enzo » Sat May 09, 2020 2:06 am

Hull road indeed. Meijer is on the corner of Hull and Kipp rd. If you cross Kipp northward on Hull, the name changes to Jefferson st. And straight up that to the north is my senior apartments between ELm and Oak streets. Right downtown. Continue north on Jefferson past Oak, and the first thing you encounter is the Bad Brewing Company. MY local brewery, easy walking distance even for an old fart.

We have the order here in Michigan closing all restaurants and bars - and a ton o other stuff - except for take out. SO the Brewery cut a hole in their door, and put up a crude wooden shelf beneath it. You can walk up and get a 32 or 64 ounce "growler" of beer to take home. God bless the brewery. I recently went over and bought a quart of stout ("No Stout About It"), the guy warned that the stout doesn't hold up so well in the jugs, and we ought to drink it right away. Good idea. I also got a quart of AMber Ale, which was still happy the next day. Wring likes the stout, so we shared that.

The mexican restaurant across from us and the brewery is also good for take out. SO beer, Mexican, and my store are all right on my street. WhAt a country.

I may have reported, they filmed part of Real Steel - a Hugh Jackman movie about a prize fighting robot - here in town. Our picturesque county courthouse and quaint downtown fit the scene. That is the next block after the brewery.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas