Across 110th Street

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Across 110th Street

Postby Мастер » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:25 pm

So here I sit on a Friday night, in one of my standard pizza restaurants, and despite the fact that I could barely hear the music over the ambient noise, I thought I recognised the tune.

And I did. It was a highly Muzak-ed version of “Across 110th Street”. (Right now, I am hearing a highly Muzak-ed version of “Another Brick in the Wall” :()

I know this tune from Jackie Brown, which is my favourite Quentin Tarantino film.

Nonetheless, it always bothered me that a song which clearly references New York, is featured in a film set mostly (entirely?) in Los Angeles.

After some Google work, I discover it is not just the name of a song, but the name of a film!

Has anyone seen the film? Any good?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: Across 110th Street

Postby g-one » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Мастер wrote:Nonetheless, it always bothered me that a song which clearly references New York, is featured in a film set mostly (entirely?) in Los Angeles.

After some Google work, I discover it is not just the name of a song, but the name of a film!

Maybe you just forgot. ;) viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6704&hilit=Across+110th+Street&start=2725#p189403

Haven't seen it, but how could a 70's flick about crime in Harlem not be good? :)

Watch on youtube.com
striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Re: Across 110th Street

Postby Мастер » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:32 am

g-one wrote:Maybe you just forgot. ;)

Bugger, it seems I did!
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак