More power to me

Post about your cool new gadgets and toys. Ask other users for help with techy problems.

More power to me

Postby Enzo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:20 am

AT&T is a fun company. They are so afraid of losing customers they are constantly reselling themselves. My business is not large by any measure, and my phone system is simple. I have two business lines and a DSL. No fancy features like caller ID or voice mail. They call every so often with some new offer. Unlimited local calls instead of 15 cents each, or a few extra bits in the DSL. Or maybe a lower long distance rate. All these offers come with any change fees waived, and often lower rates. All they ask in return is a commitment to at least 12 months.

Hell, I don;t plan to go anywhere, so sure.

REcently they called and offered to "save me money." OK, talk. He was gonna this and that and plan B and make something something else, etc. Was gonna save me $10 a month. OK< is ther some installation fee? No. Flat pure and simple, $10 less a month. OK Sign me up

Not long after - phone bill is $30 higher than before. Sigh, I call them. blah blah blah, they didn;t enter your credits properly, I'll fix it. By the way, while I am fixing this, I can upgrade your DSL to such and such. Your rate would stay the same, but you would be getting 6MB DSL instead of 1.5MB - or mega whatever they measure DSLs in. No teaser rate? NO same rate forever, same rate I been paying. We just went to the 1.5 recently and I will say it was snappier, I can download 400MB files in no time, so I don't know what 6 will do for me but OK sign me up.

"Of course there is a 12 month commitment for this upgrade..."

I'm excited. I wonder how many more upgrades it will take vefore I am no longer half-fast?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lance » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:09 am

lol

Pretty soon you'll have unlimited calling and an instantaneous dsl connection all free for 12 months.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Enzo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:06 am

Say....
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Computers and Gadgets