Network Blues

Post about your cool new gadgets and toys. Ask other users for help with techy problems.

Network Blues

Postby Мастер » Sun May 05, 2013 12:37 pm

One of the two sources of internet (well, three, if I count the mobile phone network) comes through the cable television box.

I have long had a wireless router connected to this box, and was working fine. The wireless router has followed me through several address changes, the cable television box through one.

One day, the wireless internet access quite abruptly stopped working. As I had the other internet source, I didn't worry about it too much, but now I'm debugging it.

Status - plug a computer (Apple, Mac OS X, less than one year old) into the cable television internet connect, everything works great. Plug either of the two wireless routers into this connection (including the one which had been working quite happily before), doesn't work. I have admin access to the one wireless router (the one which was plugged into the cable television box before), and it reports that it can't get an address through DHCP. Both wireless routers work just fine on the other internet connection available on the other side of the living room.

Any thoughts about what might be going on here?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: Network Blues

Postby Мастер » Sun May 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Seem to have answered my own question, turning on Mac address cloning solved the problem.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Return to Computers and Gadgets