Clouds

Post about your cool new gadgets and toys. Ask other users for help with techy problems.

Clouds

Postby Мастер » Tue May 28, 2013 5:18 am

For years, I've had email stored on servers out there in this somewhat nebulous internet cloud, and can't really see a way to have email otherwise. A few years back, I increased the amount of "cloud" presence my emails have by switching from POP (so that my emails were stored on a server somewhere only until I came to pick them up) to IMAP (so that they are stored there until I move them out of my inbox into a local mailbox).

More recently, I have started to store my calendars, to-do lists, and contacts on various "cloud" servers. I even have file sharing, via DropBox these days.

Should one be concerned about the privacy implications of all this? If so, what can one do about it?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: Clouds

Postby tubeswell » Tue May 28, 2013 5:54 am

Мастер wrote:Should one be concerned about the privacy implications of all this? If so, what can one do about it?

Adapt one's world view. Don't do or say anything that could be publicly embarrassing.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Return to Computers and Gadgets