OpenOffice

Post about your cool new gadgets and toys. Ask other users for help with techy problems.

OpenOffice

Postby Мастер » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:08 pm

"Upgraded" to version 4.0, and I'm thinking about going back to 3.X. There's some nasty bug whereby the screen gets junked up rather badly as one scrolls around in the spreadsheet.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: OpenOffice

Postby tubeswell » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Good idea. Wait for version 4.somerealnumbergreaterthanzero
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Arneb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I rarely use OO (still on Office 2000 CDs), but I'll turn down the offer to update when I switch it on next time.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Мастер » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:35 pm

I did some checking, and it seems a lot of people are complaining about this. So the good news is, it will probably get fixed quickly, and also, there is a key combination that refreshes the screen when it gets junked up. But this bug is so obvious to me (it happens just about every time I scroll a spreadsheet) that I can't believe they let this out the door without realising the problem.

Arneb wrote:I rarely use OO (still on Office 2000 CDs), but I'll turn down the offer to update when I switch it on next time.

I generally take the approach towards Microsoft that you do towards Apple. But, I have been checking, and what gets included in most Linux distributions is no longer OpenOffice, but "LibreOffice", which is a spin-off. So I wonder if I should be switching to that.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Return to Computers and Gadgets