Windows Disk Checking

Post about your cool new gadgets and toys. Ask other users for help with techy problems.

Windows Disk Checking

Postby Мастер » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:13 am

Doesn't anyone here ever boot a Windows system, and get that message about how one of your disks needs to have some sort of integrity check? And you then get some low-resolution, mostly text Windows screen, telling you how the check is going, looking like a program that has been updated slightly since it was first written for DOS II?

I was a bit surprised to discover that it is possible to print a document attached to this printer, from another computer, over the network, while the print server is in the disk-checking state.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: Windows Disk Checking

Postby MM_Dandy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Yes. I usually opt out of it, though.

I guess that Windows is pretty confident that whatever might be wrong with the disk, it doesn't have anything to do with it's own services.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Re: Windows Disk Checking

Postby Мастер » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:47 pm

I figured it was running a simple application written back in the days of DOS, with no ability to do anything else. But apparently a fair amount of the system is up and running when you look at this chunky, low-res text interface doing the disk check for you :)
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Return to Computers and Gadgets